Thank you for your interest in participating in Georgia Power’s Home Energy Efficiency Assistance Program.
Move quickly through the online application process by gathering the following information and items in advance:
- A valid account in our system, which can be created when you start your application or have created prior to this application.
- Georgia Power Account Holder Information and Meter Number. The meter number can be found on your monthly bill or your house’s meter. Click here for instructions on how to find your meter number.
- Zip Code associated with Georgia Power Electric Service Address
- Mailing Address (if different than Electric Service Address)
- If you are currently eligible for, or have received within the past 12 months, services through LIHEAP, food stamps, public assistance, or supplemental security income, you will be asked to provide your most recent award letter as a supporting document.
- Signed Program Participation Agreement
- Signed Consent and Signatures Page
Please note: submission of your application does not guarantee participation in Georgia Power’s Home Energy Efficiency Assistance Program, your income eligibility must be determined first prior to participating in the program. The Program Team will contact you if any additional information is required to determine your eligibility. Visit georgiapower.com/heeap to learn more about income eligibility requirements.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic it is important to note that this program will require both Georgia Power employees and program contractors to be in your home for hours at a time. These activities will include both an assessment of your home and the installation of certain energy efficiency improvements. By agreeing to participate in this program, you understand that Georgia Power cannot be held liable for the transmission of COVID-19 or any other infections associated with the course of this work.